- Click the link included in your text or email invitation. This will open a new internet browser window using the Confrere system.
- Enter your name and mobile number and click ‘Next’. This will help your clinician in case there’s a connection issue during your appointment.
- To ensure your clinician can see and hear you, select ‘Allow camera and microphone access’ and allow access when prompted by your device.
- If you can see yourself on camera, select ‘Yes’ to proceed. Selecting ‘No’ will provide some options to help rectify the problem.
- A test sound will play, select ‘Yes’ if you can hear it. You may need to turn the volume up on your device.
- Your microphone will test to see if it can hear you. Select ‘next’.
- Confrere will perform a 15 second connection test. When it's done, select ‘I’m ready, notify my clinician’.
- Your clinician will be notified that you are ready for your appointment. Keep this window open to allow them to join the consultation.
- When your clinician is ready, click ‘Accept video call’ to join the call.
- Select ‘End call’ to end the consultation.
What do I need for
it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone's microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings here)
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation)
Everything you need to know about Coronavirus and our care
Find out about the measures we are taking to keep you safe in store
Ask the expert
Read our useful articles or follow the ask the expert Facebook group to post your sight or hearing health questions.
While you are home…
Eye exercises, health tips and hearing advice for you while you are home.