Help and frequently asked questions

Should I remove a wax blockage myself?


If you think you have a wax blockage in one of your ears, see your GP. Do not poke anything into your ear canals. Do not use eardrops, unless your GP or ear specialist has prescribed them.

It is possible to buy products designed to help soften your earwax. Some of these products may actually irritate your ears and cause otitis externa (inflammation or swelling in the ear canal) when used repeatedly over long periods.