Thanks for your entry
The winner's parent or guardian will be contacted by the end of September 2017.
Kids’ Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards 2017
Specsavers is calling on kids aged between 4 and 15 years old who wear their specs with pride to enter our latest competition.
To be in with a chance of winning a family trip to Legoland Windsor including a stay in the Legoland Hotel, simply fill out the form below with your child’s details and upload a photo of them wearing glasses. We not only want to see them rocking their specs, but also want to hear why they love their glasses and why they’re happy to wear them with pride.
Prize: A trip for two adults and two children to Legoland Windsor, flying from any major Irish airport to London; two nights in the Legoland Hotel on a B&B basis in a family room; and a two day pass to Legoland.
Specsavers will donate €1 from each eligible entry to The Children’s Medical & Research Foundation, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin (charity number CHY 4483A).
The closing date for the competition is midnight on Sunday 10 September 2017. Good luck!
The competition is now closed for entries and the winner has been contacted
Terms and conditions:
1. The promoter is: Specsavers Ireland Limited of La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey. The title of the competition is Kids’ Spectacle Wearer of the Year 2017. The competition will run from Monday 3 July 2017 (the “Opening Date”) to 23.59 on Sunday 10 September 2017 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
2. To enter: parent or guardian to complete the webform, which can be found at Specsavers.ie, and upload a photo of entrant and a paragraph explaining why they are a proud specs wearer, along with parent/guardian’s name and contact details by the Closing Date. No purchase necessary.
3. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4.The competition entries will be judged based on the entrant’s photograph and their response to why they are a proud specs wearer. The decision of the promoter will be final.
5. The competition is only open to all residents in the ROI aged between 4 and 15 on the Closing Date, except: (a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; (b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or (c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above. All entrants must have consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
6. The Promoter may require proof of parental consent.
7. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are illegible or incomplete.
8. There is a limit of one entry per person.
9. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
10. The prize is for a family of four (two adults and two children) to visit Legoland for two nights between 16 October 2017 and 30 April 2018 (excluding between 15 December and 10 January). The prize includes flights from any major Irish airport to London for two adults and two children; two nights in the Legoland Hotel on a B&B basis in a family room; and a two day pass to Legoland. The prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink or spending money. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
11. Prize is subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize further subject to any applicable terms and conditions or Legoland and other third party providers including but not limited to carrier and hotel.
12. The Promoter will contact the winner/winner’s parent or guardian as soon as practicable after the Closing Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry (“Announcement Date”).
13. The Promoter will send the name and county of the winner to anyone who writes within three months after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the winner.
14. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner/winner’s parent or guardian. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 14 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize.
15. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. All unsuccessful entries will be deleted on the conclusion of the competition.
18. If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your child’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes including but not limited to social media and the Specsavers Magazine in print or digital form. You further agree that your child may to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
19. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter, its agents and suppliers to administer the competition. Personal information may be shared with the Promoter’s group companies and processed in Guernsey.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. Specsavers will donate €1 for each eligible online entry form received to Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.