Help and frequently asked questions

My 10-year-old child listens to the TV very loud and seems unaware of the volume level of other sounds. I am concerned about their hearing as there is a history of hearing loss in the family?


If you have concerns about your child's hearing, you should in the first instance speak to your GP.

Your child will then be referred to a specialist Paediatric Hearing Centre to be tested and they will explain the results of the test to you.

It is possible for hearing loss to have a genetic nature so the fact that there is a history of hearing loss would make it all the more prudent to have your own child tested.