Help and frequently asked questions

What should I do if I'm concerned about my young child's hearing?


If you are concerned about your children's hearing, you should in the first instance talk to your GP.

They will then refer them to a specialist paediatric hearing centre to be tested.

The audiologists are very experienced in dealing with young children and will use different tests to those you would normally have as an adult.

The most common hearing tests for young children are called Play Audiometry and Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA).

The audiologists will explain exactly how the tests work - they are great fun for the child.